I worked for 10 years as the affiliate manager of the largest sex toy white label sites in the world. So, over the years I helped many online sex toy shop owners build their stores, and market.
- The first consideration is where to build your store. Whether you go with an affiliate store, white label, of build your own. Building your own is the best option using Shopify or Woocommerce and then using dropshipping. This way you control your store and can set the pricing, making 100% of the profits. Also, you can decide which products to carry, and even create a specific niche market. Building your own does cost money obviously, but you do need $$ to start any business, even if you get a free affiliate white label store.
- Design is very important. You need a fast loading site, a pleasing front page that makes an impact, but also needs to be easy to navigate and user friendly. Featured products, sales, good calls to action, customer reviews and good images. There is a lot more that goes with this, but that is what is important to start with. No-one will buy from a site that has an ugly design, hard to find what you are looking for and looks like every other store out there.
- SEO and content creation are the best ways for adult store to market themselves. PPC, and Google Adsense marketing are way too expensive for beginners, and you really need to know what you are doing or you will loose your shirt. Content creation includes having a blog and writing interesting, trending, sex ed articles or how-tos; having excellent reviews and products descriptions; video tutorials, unboxing videos & reviews; podcasts, infographics and guest posts on other sex blogs and sites.
- Email newsletter. Once you have drawn customers to your site you need to work to keep them. So a weekly email newsletter is a good way to keep them coming back to your site. Don’t just promote products. Offer interesting content and articles. 70% should be interesting content, and 30% product promotion. So 3 articles to 1 ad. You can create a PDF as a sexual guide of some kind to entice customers to sign up to your newsletter. Offer sales, coupon codes, and great content.
- Social media will not really provide you with many sales, but does help with branding. Plus you can post your content on social media which may help drive some traffic to your site, but it is usually a small percentage.
- Influencer marketing may be an option. This can cost more depending on who you hire. Also, reviewer and vloggers to review products is helpful. You can also offer an affiliate program for reviewers to make extra cash on their links back to your store.
- Sex Ed webinars and courses are a good way to drive traffic to your site. You could also make some $$ on the courses as well.
- Branding and having a unique niche is a good strategy. You need to stand out from the crowd and provide a specific solution to a specific problem for your ideal customers. Trying to sell to everyone is not a good strategy. Be specific, be unique.
- Write articles for magazines or try to get featured in magazines for links and promotion. This is not easy to do, and you need to make good contacts with writers and editorial staff.
- Create strategic partnerships with other like-minded brands that are not your direct competition, for cross-promotional purposes.
Okay, so that’s my tips! Visit Adult Online Marketing & Design – Sexperteaze.com
if you need more help